Hair loss and baldness do not discriminate on the basis of age or gender. The problem can arise in young, middle aged, and elderly people. At Cosmed Clinic, We do not discriminate or differentiate either. Our specialist can handle all types of hair, skin, and scalp disorders.
The experienced surgeon will also perform an effective and long lasting surgery, if necessary. Hair transplant operations may seem innocuous and harmless to uninitiated patients. This is true to a certain extent as the surgery is external and cosmetic in nature.
But facts are facts, and those who understand them better can consent wholeheartedly. Knowing the technicalities, even in a basic sense, can help the patient in other ways. He or she can understand the nature, costs, risks, and postoperative effects of the transplant.
In addition, The patient would be in a right frame of mind and prepare better. Yes, Patient’s co-operation and positive attitude also matter in this seemingly superficial surgery. Getting to the facts …
- Patient’s Hair
- Hair can grow anywhere on the body except on palms, soles, lips, and mucosa.
- Scalp and facial hair deserve special attention for their attractive growth.
- The protein-rich fibres go through a cycle of growth, decay, falling, and regrowth.
- Black is undoubtedly the most popular colour of hairs around the world.
- Genetics, poor care, and diseases can lead to discernible hair loss.
- Hair thinning and signs of baldness mean you should visit a doctor.
- Pull and tug as well as modern, 3D exams reveal insights into the disorder.
- Blood, iron, or hormone deficiencies are found out from lab testing.
- Sexual problems(STD), scalp diseases, allergies, alopecia are other causes.
- Treatment is prescribed based on severity and progressive nature of hair loss.
- Therapies include oral medication, gels, hair care tips, and surgeries.
- There are 4 main surgical techniques that are currently in vogue –
- Strip harvesting
- Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT)
- Follicular Unit Extraction(FUE)
- Robotic Hair Restoration
- Doctor’s Skill
- A qualified doctor with medical degree has to perform these surgeries.
- Hair specialists include trichologists, dermatologists and plastic surgeons.
- Consultation, Diagnosis, and Treatment is the normal sequence of actions.
- A expert has skills in both medical and cosmetic aspects of the profession.
- Specialists mix technical know-how with an aesthetic, artistic sense.
- They can treat hair loss, scalp infections, dandruff, and allergies.
- Unlike towns, Hair transplant in Mumbai is not a serious challenge.
- Eligible and experienced specialists are always within your reach.
- However, Avoid charlatans and even inexperienced MBBS doctors.
- Surgical Methods
- Strip Harvesting – A strip of hairy tissue is cut off from the back of the scalp. It is stitched on to the balding spots in a safe manner.
- FUT – Similar to the above method, but strips are dissected into individual units.
- FUE – Units of 1 to 4 follicles are removed from donor areas. They are inserted or grafted on recipient areas of the scalp.
- Robotic Care – Hi-tech surgery with special cameras and robotic arms (for precision).
The exact hair transplant cost depends on surgeon’s skill, facilities, and selected method. Doctors also consider number of sessions to determine the pricing mechanism. Some financial and technical aspects are listed here –
- International quality infrastructure, equipment and trained staff.
- Surgeon’s reputation, vast experience, and superior rate of success.
- Video microscopy tests, X-rays, Blood tests, 3D Skin assessment.
- Specific method with usage of anaesthesia, pain medicines, (no) stitches, etc.,
- Use of innovative tools and experimental techniques with patient’s consent.
- Outpatient or inpatient treatment with hospice facilities and assistance.
- Final figure depends on doctors fee, surgery costs, miscellaneous expenses, etc.,
- The minimum cost can be as low as Rs 30,000 for hair transplant.
- The intermediate and high end prices range from Rs 50,000 to Rs 1,00,000.
- Some doctors charge per graft costs in the range of Rs 20 – Rs 50.
- Metro cities can be more expensive due to higher costs of living.
- FUT (up to Rs 40 per unit) is relatively cheaper than FUE (up to Rs 75 per unit) .
- There is also a very expensive DHI or direct hair implant method (Rs 2 to Rs 3 Lakhs).