Wisdom teeth are the third set of molars that typically emerge between the late teens or early 20s. In the majority of cases, there will not be enough space in the jaw-line for a wisdom tooth to emerge completely. Some may get all four wisdom teeth, while some get less than four, luckily some get none. Since there is only a little space at the back of the mouth, the wisdom teeth may develop at different angles or only partially emerge. An impacted wisdom tooth can cause damages to adjacent teeth resulting in severe pain and inflammation. It is advisable to remove your wisdom teeth early to reduce the complications due to impaction, and you can recover quickly.
Symptoms of Impacted Wisdom Teeth:
The wisdom teeth removal cost in Sydney is affordable, and as they progress they can cause problems such as:
- Swelling around the gums or the jaw
- Jaw pain
- Bad breath
- Bleeding Gums
- An unpleasant taste in your mouth
- Difficulty in opening your mouth
Problems Caused By Impacted Wisdom Teeth :
- A crooked wisdom tooth can ‘crash’ into the roots of other teeth, causing structural problems.
- Impacted wisdom teeth can cause pain, swelling and stiffness in your jaw
- An impacted wisdom tooth often become infected or decayed because they are hard to reach with your toothbrush.
- The impacted wisdom teeth may be a factor in the development of cyst that damages the bone supporting teeth and the roots of adjacent teeth.
- Bacteria around the wisdom teeth can cause gum disease.
You cannot avoid the growth of wisdom teeth but regularly visiting your dentist for cleaning and check-ups helps you avoid the problems caused by wisdom teeth. Dental X-ray can indicate impacted wisdom teeth before any symptoms develop.
Wisdom Teeth Removal Cost:
Wisdom teeth removal is a common dental procedure, and the cost can vary depending on the complexity of the procedure. It can make it difficult to provide an accurate estimate without understanding your specific situation. The following information will give you an idea of factors that influence the cost of wisdom teeth removal. However, it is recommended that you visit your dentist for a detailed invoice based on your circumstances.
The cost of wisdom teeth removal Sydney depends on many factors including:
- The type of impaction
- The location of the dentist
- The type of dental insurance you have
- The experience of the dentist
Dental Insurance Plans:
For the ones who wish for cheap wisdom teeth removal Sydney, you can save your dental costs by investing in dental insurance plans. Insurance companies provide various plans that can enable you to have your wisdom teeth removal and other dental procedures done at discounted prices.
Consider choosing a surgeon over a dentist because an oral surgeon will be more qualified to handle the case. Moreover, the oral surgeon has the knowledge and skill set to address concerns that may arise, before, during and after the wisdom teeth removal Sydney procedure.