It’s also worth noting that CBD can be derived from both marijuana (where there is significant levels of THC) or hemp plants (which contain only negligible levels of THC). Therefore products containing low doses of THC can still cause you to fail a drug test depending on the sensitivity/accuracy of the test being used – something important to consider when looking at different potential uses as well as legal implications
What Are The Benefits?
We have covered a wide range of health conditions in previous articles that have been shown to potentially benefit from CBD gummies intake including anxiety disorders , schizophrenia , diabetes, multiple sclerosis , pain relief , epilepsy and cancer . In short – there’s a lot you can potentially achieve through using CBD supplements for health reasons. It’s worth noting that these benefits differ slightly between THC and CBD.
For example, by interacting with the endocannabinoid system (the largest receptor system in the body), cannabinoids such as cannabidiol can help regulate many bodily processes such as appetite, mood and sleep. The endocannabinoid system has four primary purposes: neuroprotection , stress relief , immune response and regulating the body’s general state of balance (homeostasis).
This gives rise to a variety of potential uses for CBD supplements which we’ve covered in detail and include:
- Pain management – helps reduce pain sensation
- Anti-inflammatory – reduces inflammation throughout the body
- Reduces nausea & vomiting – including motion sickness and morning sickness
- Helps control seizures/protects against epilepsy – studies show that CBD may help to protect against seizures caused by epilepsy. In one study involving 214 people with an average age of 11 years old, 3% achieved complete seizure freedom , 13% achieved a greater than 80% reduction in seizure frequency and 32% had more than 50% reduction in seizure frequency after 12 months of CBD use. The same study also observed that CBD was well-tolerated with side effects considered mild or moderate in severity (e.g. tiredness, diarrhea). Try this outhttps://budpop.com/collections/cbd-gummies.
- Promotes heart health by lowering high blood pressure – this is one of the most important benefits of using CBD because it can significantly improve your cardiovascular health (i.e. reduce your risk of serious conditions like heart attack) without affecting cholesterol levels . Data published in 2011 revealed that treatment with cannabidiol significantly reduced plasma levels of proinflammatory cytokines (including interleukin 1B, interleukin 6, tumour necrosis factor-alpha) and significantly increased levels of the anti-inflammatory cytokine interleukin 10 in mice with experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE), an animal model for multiple sclerosis.