Stanozolol is a highly popular steroid in the bodybuilding community and has been in use for a very long time. It is better known by its brand name called Winstrol and can be used for treating anemia, as the compound can increase red blood cells. Winstrol is often used as a cheaper option for Anavar and works in the same way. However, like most other steroids, there are a few associated side effects of Stanozolol that you should know about. Let’s take a look at these aspects.
- It is important to understand that most of the negative effects of Stanozolol are related to many other factors. Of course, steroids and anabolic compounds have different side effects, and Stanozolol is no different. However, it is important to have a comprehensive view of the entire scenario.
- The first side effect that many talk about is potential cholesterol problems. Stanozolol can increase the levels of LDLs in the body and lower the overall HDL levels. If you are someone who is already dealing with cholesterol, this is not the steroid for you. In case you still insist on using Stanozolol, you can always follow cholesterol-friendly diets.
- Stanozolol is also known to suppress the production of testosterone in the body. Do note that this is a common effect of all anabolic compounds. If you are using this steroid alone, you will surely see a drop in your testosterone levels, but with right stacking, you can always keep this aspect in check.
- It is also high toxic to the liver. As you start using Stanozolol, you will see a certain rise in the liver enzyme level. However, your individual fitness levels and overall health condition of the liver will also determine the extent of damage. If you are using steroids, you should ideally reduce your intake of alcohol, and with Stanozolol Depot, you should stop consumption of wines and hard drinks completely. Users should always monitor their liver function anyway with such substances.
- Hair loss and acne are two very common side effects with this steroid. If you already have issues of acne, you will see more acne, but this problem should cease as soon as you stop taking the compound. As for hair loss, unless you have male-pattern baldness, this is a temporary problem nonetheless.
Stanozolol side effects can be minimized if you follow the dosage and cycle recommendations. If you have any concerns, talk to your trainer!