Swine Flu is influenza Respiratory System. It is caused by getting infected by a virus commonly found in pigs. Besides swine flu, pigs carry human flu and bird flu that leads to a triple threat. If not treated properly, it may be fatal. A subtype, known as H1N1 became a pandemic in 2009.
You should, therefore, be aware of the prevention process, and 10 Powerful Doctor Approved Flu Remedies to Help Your Loved Ones.
- Hand Washing: Wash your hands meticulously and make your children do the same, particularly, every time you use the toilet, blow your nose, cook your food and eat. Wash your hands when you come back home from a public place, after traveling in public transport or attending a sick person.
- Attending to Sick Animals: Use mask and hand gloves and mask while attending sick animals. Keep your children at a safe distance from pigs.
- Have Good Sleep: Have at least eight full hours of undisturbed sleep so that your immune system gets the strength to fight against any threatening bugs.
- Exposure to Sun: You get Vitamin D which that adds to the health of your immune system.
- Regular Exercise: At least 30 minutes of exercise daily or even thrice a week supports your immune system.
- Eating Immune-boosting Diet: Eat fresh and nutritious vegetables and fruits such as green vegetables, garlic, onions, hot peppers, citrus fruits, carrots, and pineapple. Eat anti-oxidant herbs such as cove, turmeric, basil, oregano. Eat at least eight glasses of filtered water. You can make a beverage of honey and fresh lemon.
- Take five leaves of Tulsi (Brasil), every morning. It clears your throat and lungs which are the major organs of your respiratory system.
- Boil one-foot length of Giloi (Tinospora Cordifolia) with six leaves of Tulsi leaves, for 15 to 20 minutes and add Sendha salt to make a Kadha.
- Take a small tablet of Camphor (Kapur), once or twice in a month.
- Take two pods of garlic, every morning in empty stomach,
- Take a glass of milk, added with turmeric, every night
- Take a teaspoonful Aloe vera (gwapatha) gel, with water. It boosts immunity and treats skin and joint pains,
- Take Homeopathic medicines; Pyrogenium 200 and Influenza 200; 5 tablets a day. You can take liquid medicines, 2 or 3 drops, three times a day. It is best suited for prevention
- Perform Yoga and Pranayam and do morning walk or jogging. These keep your lungs and throats in good condition.
- Amla or Indian gooseberry is rich in Vitamin C. If fresh Amla is not available in the market, you can use packaged Amla juice.
- Soap and water are the commonest and cheapest home remedy for swine flu. Use warm water and soap, particularly before taking meals and after you return from any public place. You can also use alcohol-based cleansers.
You should be alerted about Swine Flu if you find trouble in breathing, fever, coughing inflammation of mucous membranes or a sore throat.