When a person mentions the terms ‘meditation and ‘teacher’ in one sentence, a picture of a sage with a long beard sitting in the Rajasthan mountains cross-legged may come to mind.
Some teachers fit this common description; however, today, it is easy for you to become a meditation teacher, whether you are a taxi driver or lawyer.
Below are some steps you can follow to realize this dream.
1 Carry out research
This part should be easy for you if you find meditation interesting. Spare time to discover all you can about it. Take a class, study, speak to teachers and get a consistent practice going. Explore the different kinds and decide the one that suits you best. There are many resources available, offline, online or even through apps.
2. Create a regular practice
Walking the walk is an essential requirement for becoming a meditation teacher. You should have your solid practice if you want to teach others the art of meditation. To begin, you should set apart a particular time of day each day to meditate. For instance, a morning session of 10 minutes would be useful.
You can also take classes, attend retreats, meditate with friends and have discussions with individuals in the meditation community. Listen to what they say about their experience, their reasons for practicing, methods of practicing and what they gain from it. It will give you exposure to different meditation perspectives and assist you to understand your students better in the future.
3. Ensure you get involved in it for the correct reasons
A major question you should ask yourself is the reason you want to become a meditation trainer. If your objective is to turn into a world-popular, super-rich meditation expert, this might be the wrong reason.
But if you fall in any of the categories below, your intentions are plausible:
- You want to seek knowledge: You want to become an expert in meditation but do not want to teach regularly. You desire to discover more about the four principal types of meditation and propel your everyday meditation practice to a higher level.
- You are an expert in wellness: perhaps you are a mental health professional or a yoga teacher. You appreciate the power of meditation and want your clients to enjoy better sleeping patterns, live with less anxiety or stress and enjoy a deep living quality that is only derived from meditation.
- You have a calling in teaching meditation: You appreciate the big impact meditation has had in your life and is eager to share this practice with other people. If you fall into one of these categories and your intentions are pure, this path will be smooth for you.
- Take part in an immersive teacher training with a certified instructor
Practice is essential if you want to become an expert at anything. Participating in immersive training is a beautiful method of hastening your learning. It is an option that is most useful to understand the details of teaching. Ensure that you select your program wisely, meet the instructor beforehand and ensure you vibe well. This individual will be with you all through your training, instructing you, answering your queries and giving you feedback; positive and negative. Do not take criticism personally since it is the most effective method of learning what shortfalls you have in your teaching and how you can improve.
- When you begin teaching others, do not forget to understand and
- accept whatever struggles your students are facing. Try to forget about
- your challenges for the time being. This time belongs to your students.
- Strive to help them, and guide them any way spiritual way you know about. We have so many options and meditation tools these days to meditate with and make useful for others.