Myofascial Release therapy is an effective treatment to restore movement, alleviate pain and bring function within the joints and soft tissues applying the gentle sustained pressure to trigger points of the body. It works with muscles that make up nearly half your body. Myofascial Release therapy program has convincing to be an efficient technique in medical practices due to its manual and skillful massage to alleviate pain.
Myofascial release therapy has been proved as an effective treatment for a wide range of health problems like vertebral abnormalities, fatigue, sports injury, and pelvic pain. If you are facing any of these health issues, then choosing a suitable therapy center of Myofascial Release therapy like Preferred Rehab might help you to cure the problems. Before we talk about the benefits of Myofascial Release therapy here are a few more things you need to know about the Myofascial Release Therapy.
- Myo means Muscles and Fascia means Connective tissue, that makes the term Myofascial. Myofascial Release Therapy relieves the tension in the fascial that is used to treat chronic pain.
- All the activities we perform daily is with the help of muscle and bone movement. Muscles contribute to 36-42% body weight, and it is essential to keep their working smooth. Muscles sometimes develop trigger points due to improper movements, repetitive mechanical movements, direct injuries, joint disorders, vitamin deficiencies, etc. These trigger points may lead to severe pain, physical stiffness, tension, and limitations of normal function. Myofascial Release Therapy helps in reducing pains and discomforts due to trigger points.
- How Myofascial Release Works?
It uses various methods to release trigger points, stretching at a long slow so that it restores the optimal length and improve the functional use. It is a therapy that uses only gentle pressure to release pain.
- Here are benefits of Myofascial Release Therapy
- It helps to Reduce Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a generalized pain, joint rigidity, spastic colon, craniomandibular dysfunction, anxiety, sleep alteration, depression, etc. Myofascial Release therapy helps the Fibromyalgia patients to improve the quality of life by reducing the pain and discomfort due to Fibromyalgia.
Preferred Rehab Center provides the Myofascial Release therapy to reduce pain and improve lifestyle.
- It helps Athletes to prevent injury
Athletes are into intensive exercise, which may cause harm to their muscles. Myofascial Release helps to improve the muscle movements and prevent them from a muscle injury.
- It Reduces Chronic Pelvic Pain in Men
Studies have found that myofascial release with paradoxical training helps to reduce and manage the chronic pelvic pain and provide urinary symptom relief.
- It helps to reduce the chronic low back pain
Myofascial Release Therapy helps in reducing pain and improving functional ability of the people facing chronic Low Back Pain.
- Helps Postmenopausal women to deal with the insufficient blood flow
Postmenopausal women often experience pain in veins and other parts of the body, due to insufficient blood flow. Myofascial Release Therapy helps in improved blood flow and reduces pain.
– It Reduces Heel Pain
Myofascial Release therapy helps in reducing the plantar heel pain. It also helps in reducing repetitive strain injuries.